Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday

Good evening,

We did not get a chance to do the spelling test today. This gives your child all weekend to study some more and be ready!

We finished Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing today. Ask your child what happened to Dribble the turtle!

In math we used the clickers. It was not as successful as I would have liked but both the students and myself are still learning the software and hardware.

Clickers are like a voting tool. Students type in their answer to a question and it sends their answer to my computer. In theory it is great because it means less time grading and more time planning. However we are still working out user error and software error. I do think the kids really enjoyed playing with them. Hopefully in the near future we can get them up and going full time! Now if I could convince the school to buy me a class set that is just for my room so we could use them all the time!! ;) (unfortunately they are about $1,000 per class set)

Enjoy your weekend!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment