Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sept. 8

Good evening!

Tonight the take home task for unit 3 went home.  It is due Friday morning. 

I did get book orders submitted this morning.  They should be here in the next 2 weeks. 

I also sent home a Scholastic News magazine today.  Students do not need to bring that back, I was just providing it as something that could be read for their 20 minutes tonight. 

Book It kicks off on Oct. 1st.  I do ask my students to participate in this during the year.  Our goal is to read 400 minutes a month.  This is broke down to 20 minutes a day five days a week.  That would give students the weekend off and still be able to make book it. :-) 

MAP testing starts next week.  We use the results from this test to help us decide what students need help in the different areas of math and reading.

This Friday the Ottawa Library will present rewards for the summer reading program during morning announcements.

Math test is tomorrow.  I did not tell the students this.  I honestly had forgotten during the chaos of the day.  It is a review of the last 2 weeks.  They should do fine.  They will need to know what a polygon is, how to add and subtract, and what a ray, line segment, and line is.

In reading we continued with Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. Today Fudge became a TV star! Ask your child how this happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment